Montag, 27. Juni 2016

Infinity Battlereport

Had a 200 points game last friday with my Military Order against Tohaa. Setup as shown in the pic:


More after the jump.

The mission we played was part of our club campaign. We let the dice decide, what mission it should be and the dice god said: "Let it be Annihilation!" :)

Tohaa had initiative and deployed first, one triad link on the right side with a sniper on the roof, another triad in the center with a chaksa left and right, finished by a infiltrating clipsos(iirc). I set up my force as shown above, 4-man-link in the middle, a MSV2-Spitfire to the left. My infiltrating FO-OS hide on the right flank, the sniper on the roof of the big house on the left. (List in Infinity Army).

First Turn: The Tohaa advanced in the form of a clipsos through the center of the board. My infiltrator reacted to the movement and we got a "mexican standoff" :)


This way was blocked for now, so the Tohaa sended a chaksa over the right flank to overcome the situation. This one was ambushed by my second TO-OS, getting a wound on the chaksa, and another mine was dropped. In my turn i activated my hidden sniper to shoot the other sniper, which, unbenknownst to me, had a MSV. And the dice were not on my side and my sniper died without doing something. :( My MSV-Spitfire OS advanced and discovered and destroyed the mine from the minelayer. After that he killed the chaksa. My TO-OS in front of the chaksa died when trying to put his target laser on the chaksa.


After that my teuton advanced to the center and took up a position good for suppresive fire.


In the third turn, my spitfire OS died against the advancing triad on the left side. My teuton repelled all attacks against him, and when he got his active turn, he advanced to the center, where the clipsos hide. In good faith, that his armor and dodge would be all he needed against the mines and AROs, he took a step around the container, failing great.

After that i called it a game. We summed up the points and Tohaa won 7 to 1.

What i learned:
Both TO-OS on one flank covering each other are better then trying to deny both flanks.
With this table layout i should have dropped the sniper, there were no real sniper lanes. Another teuton would have been more useful.
I need to use my link. :)

All in all a great game, strengthend rules knowledge, got more tactical insight in my faction and: had fun playing. :)

Regards and stay tuned for updates.
Brimat